- Call meeting to order.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- A. Citizens’ forum.
B. Proclamation designating February as “Career and Technical Education” Month.
- Approve minutes from the meeting on February 12, 2018.
- Receive reports and/or minutes from the following boards, commissions, and committees:
a. Paris Board of Adjustment (12-5-2017)
b. Airport Advisory Board (11-16-2017 & 1-18-20)18)
c. Main Street Advisory Board (1-9-2018)
d, Historic Preservation Commission (I -107-20118)
e. Paris Economic Development Corporation (1-23-20)18)
f. Paris Visitors & Convention Council (1-22-20118)
- Receive January monthly financial report.
- Receive January drainage report.
- Receive demolition and code enforcement activity reports.
- Approve the Final Plat of Lots 28-34; Block A, Stone Ridge Addition Phase 8, located in
the 460111 Block of Boulder Lane,
- Resolution approving the Private Re -Sale of Multiple Tracts of Tax Foreclosed Properties, and authorizing the Mayor to execute Deeds.
- Approve a Resolution requesting the Sheriff or a Constable to Sell Tax Foreclosed Properties and to Re -Sell Bid -Off Tax Properties in accordance with the Texas Property Code.
- Accept the bid and award a contract for the construction of single-family homes under a Home Program Grant received from the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA), in the City of Paris, Texas to Whitaker Homes, the lowest responsible bidder; and authorizing the City Manager to negotiate and execute all necessary documents.
- Conduct a public hearing, discuss and act on an Ordinance considering the petition of Robert Russell for a change in zoning from a Commercial District (C) to a Commercial District with a Specific Use Permit -52 Self -,Storage Warehouse, City Block 315-A, Lot 1, ABsT 208 Crow Survey, 3.52 Acres, located at 4605 Lamar Avenue.
- Conduct a public hearing, discuss and act on an Ordinance considering the petition of Amanda Scott on behalf of Alex Outdoor Advertising LP for a change in zoning from a Planned Development District a-f (PD a-f) to Planned Development District a-f (PD a-f) with a Specific Use Permit (Tattoo Shop) for a Permanent Make-Up Salon, on Lot PT 1, SSLA Commercial Addition, located at 2775 NE Loop 286.
- Conduct a public hearing, discuss and act on an Ordinance considering the petition of Zachary Michael for a change in zoning from an Agricultural District (A) to Multiple-Family Dwellings (MF-1) for duplex, triplex or quadplex rental properties, on W Askins Survey, Tract 80, located at 5040 Farm Road 195.
- Receive presentation, discuss and act on a Resolution Supporting the Implementation of Joining Forces, a Joint Land Use Study.
- Discuss and act on the 2018 Plan of Work for Street Bond Reconstruction.
- Consider and approve future events for City Council and/or City Staff pursuant to Resolution No. 2004-081.
Paris City Council seats for Districts 1, 2, 3, and 6 are up for grabs this year. As of today, eight citizens have filed to run for those seats in the city’s election in May. A map of the city’s districts can be found here.
Councilmembers Aaron Jenkins of District 1, and Sue Lancaster of District 2, have reached their term limits– three consecutive two-year terms. Incumbents Billy Trenado of District 3, and Cleonne Holmes Drake of District 6, have filed for reelection.
District 1 is the only race that is– thus far– uncontested. The deadline for filing to run for city council is this Friday, February 16 at 5 p.m.
A full list of those who have filed is included below.
Shandra “Renae” Stone
Billy Trenado (Incumbent)
Cleonne Holmes Drake (Incumbent)
Patrick “Clayton” Pilgrim
The City of Paris Historic Preservation Commission will meet Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 4 p.m. in the City Council Chambers at 107 East Kaufman.
- Call meeting to order -Chairman
- Approval of minutes from previous meeting (January 10, 2018) —Chairman
- Consent Agenda
(Items appearing on this consent agenda may be approved by a single vote of the Commission, with such approval applicable to all items appearing on said agenda. If any Commission member desires to discuss and consider separately any item appearing on the consent agenda, that Commission member may do so by requesting that the item be removed from the consent agenda and considered as a separate item.)
-Discussion and possible action regarding the following structures considered by code inspectors to be in violation of Article III of Chapter 7 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Paris, Paris, Texas, entitled “Substandard and Dangerous Buildings and Structures,” to determine whether such buildings or structures can be rehabilitated and designated on the National Register of Historic Places, as a recorded Texas Historic Landmark or as historic property as designated by the City Council of the City of Paris.
a) 1524 E Price
b) 1440 Sperry
C) 348 SW 13th
d) 1238 NW 18th
e) 2400 N Main
f) 646 NE 17th
g) 1191 Grove
- Report from Committee on Design Standards.
- Discussion on Imagine the Possibilities Tours May 2018
- HPO Report:
ID# COA-18-0093, Replacement of deteriorated blanker panels on, side of building located at 270 SW 1st Street-Prepare for repair of 1980’s mural. National Alliance Preservation Commission Forum: July 18 — 22, 2018 Des Moines, IA
Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Paris shall meet in regular session at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, February 12, 2018. The meeting will be held at the City Council Chamber 107 E. Kaufman Street in Paris, Texas. The matters to be discussed and acted upon are as follows.
The Paris City Council met Monday, March, 27 to discuss city property which is located at Lake Crook and currently leased to Archers For Christ.
The Paris City Council met Monday, Feb. 27, 2017.