Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Paris shall meet in regular session at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, February 12, 2018. The meeting will be held at the City Council Chamber 107 E. Kaufman Street in Paris, Texas. The matters to be discussed and acted upon are as follows.
1. Call meeting to order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Citizens’ forum.
(Persons desiring to address the Council must limit their presentation to no more than two minutes. Unless an item is posted on the Agenda, the Texas Open Meetings Act prohibits the Council from responding to any comments other than to refer the matter to a future agenda, to an existing policy, or to a staff person with specific factual information. Claims against the City, Council Members, or employees, as well as individual personnel appeals are not appropriate for citizens’ forum.)
If necessary, the City Council may convene into Executive Session under Chapter- 551 of the Texas Government Code regarding any item on this agenda.
Items on the Consent Agenda are approved by a single action of the Council, with such approval applicable to all items appearing on the Consent Agenda. A Council Member may request any item to be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered as a separate item.
5. Approve minutes frown the meeting on January 22, 2018.
6. Receive reports and/or minutes front the following boards, commissions, and committees:
a. Paris Economic Development Corporation (12-19-2017)
b. Planning & Zoning Commission (1-2-2018)
c. Paris Visitors & Convention Council (9-20-2017 & I 1-15-201’7)
d, Paris Visitors & Convention Council Quarterly Financial Reports (10-31-2017 & 12- 31-2017)
e. Paris Visitors & Convention Council Quarterly Activity Report (7-2017 through 12- 2017)
f. Love Civic Center Quarterly Activity Report (7-2017 through 12-2017)
g. Paris Board of Ad.j usti-nent (1-2-2018)
7. Approve a Resolution Authorizing a Joint Election Agreement between the City of Paris and Paris Independent School District.
8. Accept bids, and award contracts for the purchase of roadway materials to the lowest responsible bidder(s).for the twelve-month period beginning April 1, 2018.
9. Accept the bid and award the contract for the replacement of concrete curbs and gutters, driveway approaches, and reinforced concrete sidewalks to the lowest responsible bidder(s) for the twelve-month period beginning April 1, 2018.
10. Discuss and act on an Ordinance authorizing the issuance of a solid waste collection permit to Raymond Tabor d/b/a Waste Connection of Northeast Texas.
11. Discuss and act on an Ordinance Amending Chapter 12, Article H, Liquefied Petroleum Gas by Removing Restrictions and Limitations on the Use of’ Liquefied Petroleum Gas Consistent with State Law,
12. Consider and approve future events for City Council’ and/or City Staff pursuant to Resolution No, 2004-0481.
I certify that the above notice of meeting was posted on the bulletin board in the City Hall Annex., 150 First St. Paris, Texas, no later than 5:30 P.m. on February 9, 2018.
Janice Ellis, City Clerk
This facility is wheelchair- accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for special accommodations, or interpretive services must be made forty-eight (48) hours prior to this meeting. Please contact Janice Ellis at (903) 784-9248 or email@example.com for assistance.