- Call meeting to order.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- A. Citizens’ forum.
B. Proclamation designating February as “Career and Technical Education” Month.
- Approve minutes from the meeting on February 12, 2018.
- Receive reports and/or minutes from the following boards, commissions, and committees:
a. Paris Board of Adjustment (12-5-2017)
b. Airport Advisory Board (11-16-2017 & 1-18-20)18)
c. Main Street Advisory Board (1-9-2018)
d, Historic Preservation Commission (I -107-20118)
e. Paris Economic Development Corporation (1-23-20)18)
f. Paris Visitors & Convention Council (1-22-20118)
- Receive January monthly financial report.
- Receive January drainage report.
- Receive demolition and code enforcement activity reports.
- Approve the Final Plat of Lots 28-34; Block A, Stone Ridge Addition Phase 8, located in
the 460111 Block of Boulder Lane,
- Resolution approving the Private Re -Sale of Multiple Tracts of Tax Foreclosed Properties, and authorizing the Mayor to execute Deeds.
- Approve a Resolution requesting the Sheriff or a Constable to Sell Tax Foreclosed Properties and to Re -Sell Bid -Off Tax Properties in accordance with the Texas Property Code.
- Accept the bid and award a contract for the construction of single-family homes under a Home Program Grant received from the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA), in the City of Paris, Texas to Whitaker Homes, the lowest responsible bidder; and authorizing the City Manager to negotiate and execute all necessary documents.
- Conduct a public hearing, discuss and act on an Ordinance considering the petition of Robert Russell for a change in zoning from a Commercial District (C) to a Commercial District with a Specific Use Permit -52 Self -,Storage Warehouse, City Block 315-A, Lot 1, ABsT 208 Crow Survey, 3.52 Acres, located at 4605 Lamar Avenue.
- Conduct a public hearing, discuss and act on an Ordinance considering the petition of Amanda Scott on behalf of Alex Outdoor Advertising LP for a change in zoning from a Planned Development District a-f (PD a-f) to Planned Development District a-f (PD a-f) with a Specific Use Permit (Tattoo Shop) for a Permanent Make-Up Salon, on Lot PT 1, SSLA Commercial Addition, located at 2775 NE Loop 286.
- Conduct a public hearing, discuss and act on an Ordinance considering the petition of Zachary Michael for a change in zoning from an Agricultural District (A) to Multiple-Family Dwellings (MF-1) for duplex, triplex or quadplex rental properties, on W Askins Survey, Tract 80, located at 5040 Farm Road 195.
- Receive presentation, discuss and act on a Resolution Supporting the Implementation of Joining Forces, a Joint Land Use Study.
- Discuss and act on the 2018 Plan of Work for Street Bond Reconstruction.
- Consider and approve future events for City Council and/or City Staff pursuant to Resolution No. 2004-081.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Paris shall meet in regular session at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, February 26, 2018. The meeting will be held at the City Council Chamber, 107 E. Kaufman Street in Paris, Texas. The matters to be discussed and acted upon are as follows: